Project Manager (Automation)
Brock Solutions is an engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations globally. With approximately 400 employees in Canada and the U.S., Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Project Manager (Automation) to join our team of experienced professionals located at our office in Irving, TX (near Dallas, TX).
Working with other highly motivated engineers, you will take on a project manager role, implementing real time control system and automation solutions in a critical operational capacity for baggage handling systems at airports.
• Financial responsibility on projects between $500K and $10M
• Managing the clients' expectations and communicating needs to the project team
• Managing scope internally (with the project team) and externally (with the client)
• Managing resource assignments and utilization for all assigned resources
• Creation and management of project schedules
• Ensuring harmonious working relationships with our key partners
• Identifying risks and road blocks to the successful completion of the project and work with Management to resolve
• Ensuring quality of the end solution through implementation of our standard project and development processes
• 3 + years of experience in a leadership role on controls automation projects
• Experience / Exposure to PLC programming (example Rockwell, Siemens) and PLC troubleshooting and debugging
• Experience implementing real time control solutions in a critical operational capacity for companies in transportation, airline, parcel/postal or warehouse and distribution industries
• Must be customer focused and action oriented
• Excellent organizations skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work effectively in a team based project environment
• College diploma or University degree in relevant field of study (Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Systems Design, Automation, Industrial Engineering or related fields)
• This position does require travel (approximately 30%)
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.